Summer is the perfect time to move. The kids don’t have school and you have plenty of vacation time to use. But then there’s the heat. How can you beat the Florida heat during a summertime move? Take a look at the best post-move ways to cool down in the Fort Myers and Bradenton areas.
Visit the Beach
While your move is necessary, it isn’t exactly your relaxation activity of choice — especially when the mercury rises. Even though you hired movers to tackle the heavy load, you still had to pack boxes, sort bins, organize items, and help on your move day.
After the movers leave, pack your beach bag and head to the beach to cool down and de-stress. The Fort Myers/Sanibel area offers several different options, such as Bowman’s Beach, Cayo Costa State Park, the Causeway islands, Captiva Beach, and Tarpon Bay Beach.
If your move takes you to the Bradenton area, cool and calm your moving day with a trip to Anna Maria Beach, Beer Can island, Palma Sola Causeway, Whitney Beach, Manatee Beach, or Coquina Beach.
Remember to pack your family’s swimwear, towels, sunscreen, and anything else you’ll need to swim in an overnight or take-along bag. This makes it possible to seamlessly (and quickly) transition from your move to a quick beach cool-down.
Visit the Pool
If a post-move beach day doesn’t appeal to you, the pool is another water-filled way to cool down—minus the salt and sand. In Fort Myers check out the:
- Fort Myers Aquatic Center. The Aquatic Center in the Sam Fleishman Regional Sports Complex has a Kiddie Pool, a 10-lane Junior Olympic competition pool, and a 30-foot tall slide tower.
- Fort Meyers Golfview Pool. The Fort Myers Country Club pool has a four-lane Junior Olympic Therapy Pool and (if the kids don’t need to cool down) a children’s playground.
- STARS Complex Pool. This summer season-only pool is located in East Fort Myers.
A mid-day splash is an easy and fun way for the family to cool off after a long move. But if your move takes longer than expected, you’ll need a nighttime way to beat the heat. Read on for more information on evening options.
Have a Night Out
When the hot weather means an outdoor activity isn’t an option, take your post-move evening indoors. If you don’t want to stay home with your unpacked boxes and bins, you have plenty of options in Fort Myers or the Bradenton areas.
Evening cool-down ideas include:
- A romantic date night. Spend time with your significant other. Enjoy a romantic dinner at one of the areas many eateries, such as Thistle Lodge on Sanibel.
- Foodie finds. If your family enjoys eating, the many local seafood establishments provide local fresh menu picks.
- Family-friendly night. From pizza to burgers (and everything in between) enjoy a family-friendly dining experience. Not only can you relax in an air-conditioned environment, but you won’t need to unpack the kitchen boxes to make dinner.
Sometimes a few hours out isn’t enough time to get out of the summer heat. If your utilities aren’t on, the AC in your new home doesn’t work, or your furniture is still en route, you may need more than dinner or a date-night drink.
Don’t get stuck in a hot home without a comfortable bed. Instead of sleeping in your new home, beat the heat at one of the many Fort Meyers and Bradenton area hotels.
Whether you need a one-night after the move stay or a few days, relax during a seaside stay at the Sanibel Harbour Marriott, enjoy the view of the Tarpon Point Marina at the Westin Cape Coral Resort, or rent an apartment/home for a longer time.
Do you need help moving to Fort Myers or Bradenton? Contact Modern Movers for more information.